Bees page 3

March 26, 2010

Page 3 is below. Sorry for the delay. I went on vacation and didn’t bring any art stuff whatsoever. I’m pretty happy with this page and the new technique.

Advertisements

Bees Page 2

March 19, 2010

Second page in what is tentatively called the “Bee Scene” after the first page.

This one only took me a day and a half’s worth of work to do. I cut down on time, but, then again, it’s not as detailed as the first one. I haven’t figured out which style works better for me. I have to mull it over. Hmmm.. I’ll make sure to post all the reworked pages in their final stage when I’m completely done with the scene.

Right now I use ballpoint and micron pens, prisma gray-scale markers, and acrylic paint to finish the pages. Sometimes I even throw in graphite.

New page – bees!

March 11, 2010

Here’s the page I promised. It’s the first page in a seven page scene. It involves exploding kamikaze bees, ape vs. man headbutting, and a vacuum.

I like the page, but it took 3 1/2 days instead of 2 days to complete. 2 days per page would be my max, so that was a problem.  I found a way to save time by modifying the procedure by incorporating the copy machine. Unfortunately, it changes the look in a slight but noticeable way. We’ll see if I have to redo this page.

Script Update

March 6, 2010

Sorry for the lack of updates, I’ve been working on rewrites constantly for the past week. Right now I’m selecting a scene that I want to use to nail down the finalized look for A Night in Walden Earth. Once I get the scene laid out, I can start working on some pages to post on the blog. Hopefully I’ll have some new stuff in the next few days.